Rather than focusing purely on omni-channel output, like many other vendors in the CCM space, Quadient places an emphasis on enhancing the customer experience (CX) across a wide-variety of channels. Starting with Inspire Designer, clients are encouraged to create a “journey” for their customers that prioritizes continuous engagement and communication designed to make a business process as simple and painless as possible. Whether these journeys consist of elaborate marketing campaigns or simple claims communication workflows, Inspire aims to remove the barriers to full-lifecycle communication often found with multi-platform solutions that don’t communicate well with each other. In short, the Inspire platform is capable of managing a broader footprint of customer experience that most other CCM solutions on the market today.
How DocVentive can help with your Quadient journey
Whether you’re facing a legacy conversion from another platform or dealing with a new implementation, DocVentive can help to ensure that your design and implementation of CCM and UX solution under Quadient Inspire is straightforward, logical, and efficient.
Data Connection & Manipulation
We can help to design and integrate multiple data sources from a huge range of inputs to drive content generation. These sources may include customer data, transactional data, or relational input from disparate systems.
- Integration of one or more input sources ranging from CSV, fixed-length, multi-record, XML, ODBC, line-data, and others.
- Trim and merging of relational data across multiple files.
- Transformation of multiple data sources, including the implementation of field-converters (one or stacked) for data manipulation.
- Utilization of mathematical or string operations to convert and transform input values.
With input sources organized and integrated within Inspire Designer, we can assist with the design and/or conversion of documents and templates. All data manipulation, design creation, impositioning of media, and output configuration is defined within this tool.
- Setup and integration with Inspire Content Manager (ICM).
- Import legacy documents and other formats into the design environment.
- Normalization of documents into static and variable-driven dynamic sections.
- Integration and formatting of variable data into document templates.
- Implementation of variable-driven graphics and charts.
- Create and re-use of styles and elements.
- Creation and export of Designer workflows (WFD) for use with Inspire Production Server (IPS).
After the document design and data integration work is done, we can help you to put those resources into motion to create actual output that enable better communications and experiences for your customers.
- Creation of impositioning rules for output layout, sheet filtering & splitting, print-inserter markings, bar-coding and more.
- Automation of high-volume batch jobs utilizing Inspire Scaler and Inspire Automation to execute the production process.
- Implementation of on-demand workflows orchestrated by Inspire Scaler through Inspire Production Server (IPS) to satisfy immediate document generation demands.
- Integration of Inspire Interactive (II) to satisfy ad-hoc correspondence and collaborative document generation requirements.
- Separation of workflows to dedicated IPS instances to ensure that on-demand production doesn’t interfere with high-volume batch generation.
- Configuration and tuning of Inspire Scaler to flex with demand via clustering or elastic scaling.